A Collection of Articles Investigating Current Affairs Topics
Here are some of the topics which will be covered in the articles:
- Earthquake prediction: a novel approach which treats the Earth’s crust not as a semi-solid through which the shock waves echo, but as a ‘slow liquid’ like glass - where the movement ‘slops’ back and forth over days or weeks.
- Investigating why groups such as the ‘Occupy Movement’, ‘Extinction Rebellion’ and ‘Just Stop Oil’ fail to get long-term traction in bringing about change. “It’s the form of organisation, stupid” might be the answer.
- A study into interoperability, technical, organisational, social and ‘Of the mind’ - which has developed a practical framework for analysing and selecting appropriate means of enabling effective communication.
- Making decisions in the face of deep uncertainty and the ‘unexpected’. How do you approach what you don’t know and can’t predict? There is an answer!
- How technology alienates and disenfranchises people and, in the words of Gary Klein “Makes them stupid” - and what can be done about it.
[ In the process of being transferred from a number of posts, including from the ‘complexity demystified’ blog. ]
[As at 05 Aug 2023]